Neglected Dragons Science!
Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have no idea what Im doing

2 posters

Go down

I have no idea what Im doing Empty I have no idea what Im doing

Post by FrostFell Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Neglected format:

Scroll Name: FrostFell
Scroll Link: dragcave.net/user/FrostFell
Egg code (not direct link please): P7adX
Day of Experiment: 4 Aug 2013
Time of Unfog: Unsure. I welcome input. I was going to do 7 minutes, and have 10 or 15 click sites pulled up and ready and waiting for the final click that adds my scroll
Time of Death: xx:30min:40sec or 45sec (PM)
What are the stats?: I dont understand the question
What ER's have you put them in?: egg drop soup, petsgalore, linked scales. none of the others i use are allowing me to add a fogged egg
Will you be on Chat? Which one?: Yes, the NDScience IRC

Suggestions, tips, etc are welcome. I have read a little bit but dont have a good handle on the mechanics yet. Thanks!

Last edited by FrostFell on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed incorrect date)

FrostFell
Apprentice

Timezone : EST
DragCave Scroll : FrostFell
IRC channel Nickname? : FrostFell

Back to top Go down

I have no idea what Im doing Empty Re: I have no idea what Im doing

Post by FrostFell Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Unfogged at :24 with TOD as :30. Got:
Overall Views: 664
Unique Views: 101
Clicks: 6
And it died at :31

Any ideas where I went wrong? I added it to 14 click sites AND asked 4 online friends to click and F5 the egg madly. Did I unfog too late/not enough time to gain clicks, or not enough clicks period? Id like to try again next week so what I need to do different is appreciated. Thanks!

FrostFell
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurane Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm

(Hope you don't mind me adding my two cents. ^^ )

First some questions:
Were the hatch sites you used ERs? May seem like an odd question, but I don't know if all the sites have a high traffic ER section.
What breed was the egg and did it turn?

I haven't had any successful hatches yet myself, but I have managed to get a few to turn. My best theory would be that the egg didn't get enough views to survive (on a side note, the stats part is the ratio of views:unique views:clicks). According to one theory, 5-6 minutes before TOD is when you want to unfog the egg and stuff it into ERs, so I'm not sure time is the issue. In all honesty though, I'm still working on finding the best method, so I'm not sure how helpful my advice is. ^^;
Kurane
Kurane
Scientist

Timezone : mountain time
DragCave Scroll : Kurane
IRC channel Nickname? : Kurane
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostFell Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Kurane wrote:(Hope you don't mind me adding my two cents. ^^ )

First some questions:
Were the hatch sites you used ERs? May seem like an odd question, but I don't know if all the sites have a high traffic ER section.
What breed was the egg and did it turn?

I haven't had any successful hatches yet myself, but I have managed to get a few to turn. My best theory would be that the egg didn't get enough views to survive (on a side note, the stats part is the ratio of views:unique views:clicks). According to one theory, 5-6 minutes before TOD is when you want to unfog the egg and stuff it into ERs, so I'm not sure time is the issue. In all honesty though, I'm still working on finding the best method, so I'm not sure how helpful my advice is. ^^;
Some were ER, some were not, where applicable I stuck the egg in an ER. I used the dragcave wikia for my list of all click sites-- if theres more out there, Im open to them! It was a Mint, and it did not turn. It got to several cracks (but no small black hole) before dying at :31, so I wasnt even close, not really. When yours turn, how many clicks and views do they have? Wondering how far from my target goal my Mint was

FrostFell
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurane Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Some of the ERs I like to use are Jaemeia, Draghatch, Dragon Dump, Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's, and Soti Dragon. Some non-ER sites (or not sure if they have an ER section) I like are Valley Sherwood, Egg Drop Soup and Pet Hatchery.

Hmm...I don't remember what the final stats were when they died unfortunately. I know I've had luck getting water eggs and whiptails to turn, though. Your mint might have needed more unique views to turn, but it's hard to say. I have an experiment going live at 6:20 p.m. Cave time, so I'll take note of the final stats and get back to you.

EDIT: Ok, well my egg probably isn't going to be helpful since it didn't get nearly enough views. ^^; I found a successful ND experimenter on the DC forum, so I'll try to get some advice and then let you know more.
Kurane
Kurane
Scientist

Timezone : mountain time
DragCave Scroll : Kurane
IRC channel Nickname? : Kurane
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by FrostFell Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Kurane wrote:Some of the ERs I like to use are Jaemeia, Draghatch, Dragon Dump, Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's, and Soti Dragon. Some non-ER sites (or not sure if they have an ER section) I like are Valley Sherwood, Egg Drop Soup and Pet Hatchery.

Hmm...I don't remember what the final stats were when they died unfortunately. I know I've had luck getting water eggs and whiptails to turn, though. Your mint might have needed more unique views to turn, but it's hard to say. I have an experiment going live at 6:20 p.m. Cave time, so I'll take note of the final stats and get back to you.

EDIT: Ok, well my egg probably isn't going to be helpful since it didn't get nearly enough views. ^^;  I found a successful ND experimenter on the DC forum, so I'll try to get some advice and then let you know more.
Thank you, thats very kind! Ill try water for my next experiment, pending anything more helpful

FrostFell
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum